Monday, May 15, 2006

Gretchen Passantino will be on Good Morning America tomorrow

From Gretchen Passantino:

I will be featured on an ABC news story airing on Good Morning America tomorrow, Tuesday, May 16 at 7:30 AM (EDT). The segment investigates Bob Larson, a self-described exorcist who has made himself prominent in Christian media for nearly 30 years via radio and/or television with variations of his "demons under every bush" message. His teaching is both unbiblical & makes Christianity vulnerable to mockery & ridicule from non-believers. Most spiritually dangerous, however, is that he persuades hurting people that if they will trust him for their spiritual deliverance, his sensationalistic stage exorcisms will solve their problems; & that by investing financially in his program, they will receive continuing spiritual protection.

I spent most of Mother's Day with a film crew & interviewer at our home. As is common in television, it was a case of "hurry up & wait" -- the roughly 5 hours of set up, interview, & break down may translate into a total of a couple of minutes spliced throughout the report. My prayer is that what is aired will be respectful of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, & that it will credibly distance the truth of God's Word from Larson's perfromances, which strike me as manipulative, exploitive, & self-serving.

Having no knowledge of or ability to affect what is chosen from my comments to be aired or in what context, I focused on what I could do -- yield myself to God's will & seek to represent his will "on earth as it is in heaven." May God's truth shine, & viewers be protected from my inadequacies.

It is because of your continuing prayers & support that I could be available & prepared for this opportunity. Thank you & God bless you.

Blessings in Christ,
Gretchen

No comments: