Tuesday, June 21, 2005

To ID or not ID

With respect to the ID debate, both with respect to the viewpoint discrimination issues, and the plausibilty of the claims of ID itself, people are going to have to make up their own minds. On the Caldwell v. Scott issue, Angus Menuge suggests a posting at

http://post-darwinist.blogspot.com

Also, Dembski responds to a lot of the common criticisms of ID in his book The Design Revolution, put out by Inter-Varsity Press.

I'm personally sympathetic to ID, but I can't say that I am up to defending their arguments myself.

I did notice on thing on the Panda's Thumb website. I kept looking for an ID defender to step forward, and no one did. Now either the strength of the case at the Panda's Thumb is so overwhelming that no one can gainsay it, or something is preventing people who disagree from posting comments. Here at Dangerous Idea, I'm proud to say, we don't have that problem. Both sides of issues, I believe, are getting good representation, and most of the dialogue has been courteous.

5 comments:

zapon said...


Start Earning Money 15 Minutes From Now Guaranteed!
By using a very simple automated program I have developed you can be making real money in as little as 15 minutes.

Simply use the program, insert your ID, and add a paragraph of data and click done!

This is brand new.

This is not like anything you have ever seen.



http://www.swapclix.com/deals

Adam said...

Hi, I am conducting a survey of Blog users for my Masters dissertation and have randomly selected your Blog. Your participation in my online survey would be greatly appreciated and would only take around 5 minutes to complete. The survey can be reached at the following address
http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=100993
Thank you!
Adam

Steven Carr said...

Are ID detection programs an attempt to take a physical object and discover if it contains information, knowing nothing about the intentions of the designer?

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

Osse said...

very nice .. yesterday i was looking for the same topic but i didn't find any thing .. but after reading this i am very happy because finally i got it :) and thanks for the links i would like to bookmark your site can I ?
masters dissertations-dissertation proposal