Friday, March 03, 2023

Sad News: The passing of Starhopper

 Bob was a friend I knew as an undergraduate at ASU. I met him in a History of Middle Ages class, back in 1973. He, along with his friend Joe Sheffer, helped me gain an appreciation for Catholicism and navigate my way to developing an orthodox Christianity while avoiding fundamentalism. He was a big Lewis fan and a science fiction buff. We used to play something called the World Conquest Game, which was an expanded version of Risk. 

Here is the obituary. 

5 comments:

David Duffy said...

I enjoyed the guy's comments. From his comments here, he seemed blessed with a good family, has a home church to see him through his death and resurrection with Christ, and lived an interesting life. Blessings, peace, and comfort on the Prokop family.

bmiller said...

May he rest in peace.

One Brow said...

I'll miss reading him around here.

Martin said...

Oh no! RIP

T said...

Sorry to hear this Victor. He was a valued contributor to the comments section here, and you could tell he was passionate and thoughtful. RIP.