Saturday, April 25, 2015

Banning

I am going to have to ask two people, whose names I don't think I need to mention, to stop posting here. I do this with great reluctance. The reasons are two. One, I think your positions are better represented by other people who agree with you for the most part. Second, your contributions always make discussion more inflammatory than they need to be, and you don't bring out the best in the rest of us.

I love the idea of a "free speech zone" but you end up dominating the conversation here. And even when I want to address a position like yours, I think other representatives of your views better represent them.

4 comments:

Papalinton said...

Victor
I think it best that I too don't post here anymore. So with at least my deciding to step back to observer status only you really don't need to ban Illion and Yachov from your site.

I wish you well in the future.

Son of Ya'Kov said...

@Paps

Cheeky.......

Anonymous said...

Don't be reluctant. "Free speech" is impossible if it means that there is absolutely no influence one way or another, because it would entail that everyone speak in a vacuum, which leads to pretty dull conversations (plus in a vacuum, no one can hear you anyway). Choosing to do nothing is still a choice — just one that lets the garden get overrun with weeds. So indeed let us encourage constructive, productive conversations. We'll all be better off in the long run.

Son of Ya'Kov said...

Well said sir.