Friday, August 07, 2009

A friend of mine is having trouble putting his comments on this blog

Here is what he wrote to me, on two occasions.

Victor, what is with your blog? Each and every time I attempt to comment on something, I am not allowed to. I am giving up, as of now.

The problem is not so much with the letters, although they are not easy for my eyesight. But the Yahoo account I set up NEVER recognizes my password. I have tried setting up an account about 5 times now - each time, it tells me I have done so sucessfully, but when I attempt to log in, I am never able to.


Have any of you commentators had this problem, and worked your way around it? Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Jason Pratt said...

I don't see any way to do so through a Yahoo account. I recommend using a Google account (or a Blogger one, which I think has now been grandfathered into a Google accounts.)

Another possibility is clicking the little button next to "Name/URL" and signing in with a name and (optional) website. I'm testing that now with this comment, rather than signing in through Blooger. {g}

Last ditch would be to use the anonymous button and simply sign a name at the bottom.

JRP

Jason Pratt said...

Okay, the name/url method worked, and didn't require accessing an account. Now trying without a url...

Anonymous said...

This is what it looks like when sent anonymously.

The main drawback to any of these methods seems to be that the submitter will not be registered to receive mail alerts when new comments are posted.

I hope this is helpful. {s!}

JRP

Blue Devil Knight said...

Don't do it with yahoo. Set up a gmail account.

Create a gmail account here

Anonymous said...

Or you could use OpenID, as I am now demonstrating.

https://getopenid.com/

Bob said...

This is a test, to see if this works.

Jogger Strollers said...

Shouldn't need a yahoo account to post here.

Stair Gates said...

Why would you need a yahoo account to post here?

Towel Warmers said...

Doesn't need yahoo.

Solar Attic Fan said...

Yahoo shouldn't matter in this case.