Friday, April 17, 2009

Meynell's The Intelligible Universe

Meynell wrote a book defending a sort of Lonerganian version of the AFR. I read it around the time it was written; I think Darek Barefoot has referenced it a couple of times in the course of his trench battles on behalf of the AFR on DI2.

I took a class from Meynell during my last semester at Emory's Candler School of Theology. Meynell was then a visiting professor from the University of Leeds. I remember I wrote a critique of Josh McDowell as my paper for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may also be interested in the argument Charles S. Peirce mounted about the intelligibility of the world and the advancement of science, which may be similar.

Victor Reppert said...

Darek Barefoot pointed this out in an earlier thread.