Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Cardinals are in the Super Bowl

I used to explain the difference between true belief and knowledge by pointing out to my classes that, someday, hard as it may be to believe, the Cardinals will get to the Super Bowl, and, when they do, some diehard fans (who will probably be fair-weather fans in actuality) will say that they KNEW the Cardinals would make it. Of course, they would be wrong, since their belief would have been justified at the beginning of the season. I stick to my statement, since, for example, the team I expected to get there from the NFC, suffered from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

2 comments:

philip m said...

Kurt Warner is amazing. What a roller-coast ride/life. I can't wait for him to win his second super bowl. What a good dude.

Anonymous said...

Try that one with Detroit Lions fans (if there are any left).