Monday, June 18, 2012

Chesterton on proof

In Orthodoxy, his masterly defense of the Christian faith, G.K Chesterton writes: "It is very hard for a man to defend anything of which he is entirely convinced. It is comparatively easy when he is only partially convinced. He is partially convinced because he has found this or that proof of the thing, and he can expound it. But a man is not really convinced of a philosophic theory when he finds that something proves it. He is only really convinced when he finds that everything proves it."

4 comments:

Leonhard said...

Thanks Reppert, this is my new favorite Chesterton quote.

mrbentleebro said...

Reminds me of C.S. Lewis's quote which goes something like; I see Christianity like I see the sun, I not only see it, but by it, I see everything else.

Emanuel Goldstein said...

Hitler, Dawkins, and Evolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re749j1tlXg

Unknown said...

sfgsfg